Interview with Tawdra Kandle, author of 'The Path'



Tawdra Kandle writes romance, in just about all its forms. She loves unlikely pairings, strong women, sexy guys, hot love scenes and just enough conflict to make it interesting. Her books include YA paranormal, NA paranormal and contemporary romance, and adult contemporary and paramystery romance. She lives in central Florida with a husband, kids, sweet pup and too many cats. And yeah, she rocks purple hair.

For More Information
About the Book:

Title: The Path
Author: Tawdra Kandle
Publisher: Tawdra Kandle
Pages: 232
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Abby Donavan came to the small beach community of Crystal Cove to start over. After a painful affair broke her heart and derailed her burgeoning career, taking over management for the just-opened bed-and-breakfast was the safe choice. In this sleepy town, Abby figured she could bury her memories and forget the pain. 

When the chance to have her own hotel falls into her lap, though, she can’t resist the temptation. Making the old Riverside Inn into the showplace she’s always dreamed of running offers the second chance she never expected. 

Abby didn’t expect another kind of second chance to land on her doorstep at the same time. Ryland
Kent wants to help her bring the Riverside back to life, and his passion for restoration is irresistible. But as much as she wants to ignore it, she can’t help seeing another spark in his eyes . . . one that offers to reignite her own flame. 

Sometimes the path to a happily-ever-after is anything but smooth.

For More Information


Q: Welcome to The Writer's Life!  Now that your book has been published, we’d love to find out more about the process.  Can we begin by having you take us at the beginning?  Where did you come up with the idea to write your book?

The Crystal Cove Romances were not books I planned to write. I’d just wrapped up my first series, The King Quartet, which are young adult paranormal romance, and I was on my way home from a day at New Smyrna Beach. As I drove, Jude’s story fell into my lap, which is quite unusual for me. Instead of just finding a character, I knew her entire story, from start to finish.

Certainly my time in New Smyrna Beach influenced the story and inspired the setting. It also gives me a good excuse to go back whenever I’m working on Crystal Cove books!

Writing The Posse was a pleasure, and by the time I was half-way finished, I realized that there would be more stories from this community. I was thrilled that this year I finally had the opportunity to release The Plan and The Path, two follow-up books.

Q: How hard was it to write a book like this and do you have any tips that you could pass on which would make the journey easier for other writers?

All of The Crystal Cove Romances were fairly easy to write, with continuity being the only tricky issue. I had to make sure everyone’s hair color, ages and personal quirks stayed consistent.

I think it’s crucial to write stories and characters who speak to you as an author, and to trust your characters. They may take us in unexpected directions, but ultimately, the book is better when plotline isn’t forced.

Q: Who is your publisher and how did you find them or did you self-publish?

I am indie-published, and it’s been an incredible journey. I’m thrilled to be an author at this time—the world is so wide open!

Q: Is there anything that surprised you about getting your first book published?

I think I was most surprised about how passionate readers were about my characters. Happily surprised, of course!

Q: What other books (if any) are you working on and when will they be published?

Always working on something! Always For You, the first book in my new trilogy Always Love, comes out November 26th. The other two will be out in early 2016. I’m also in the midst of writing another new trilogy called Keeping Score, which is a new adult sports romance. My para-mystery series, Recipe for Death, is ongoing, and I’m excited about the new titles in that world.

Q: What’s your favorite place to hang out online?

Of course I’m on Facebook, both on my author page and in my private reader group, the Naughty Temptresses. We have far too much fun, and I adore those ladies! I’m also on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and my own website.

Q: What’s your nightly ritual before retiring for the night?

I work late almost every night. I write, deal with promotion plans, scheduling and other publishing-related tasks. But no matter how late it is, I can’t go to sleep without reading. So I’ll crawl into bed, turn on my Kindle and read a few pages of my current favorite . . . until I doze off and the ereader hits me in the face. That’s my cue to take off my glasses and give up for the night.

Q: Finally, what message (if any) are you trying to get across with your book?

All of The Crystal Cove Romances are second-chance love stories. I hope anyone reading The Path comes away with a renewed sense of hope in love and perhaps a more open heart.
  
Q: Thank you again for this interview!  Do you have any final words?

Thank you for having me, and huge hugs to my wonderful readers for their ongoing support and encouragement.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.