Interview with Karen-Anne Stewart: 'I have a thing for bad boys with a good heart'



Karen-Anne Stewart has always adored reading and has now fallen in love with writing. Her written works are The Rain Trilogy: Saving Rain, Healing Rain, and After the Rain, and the newly released stand alone novel, Ash to Steele. Her debut novel, Saving Rain: The First Novel in The Rain Trilogy, was a nominee for the Book Junkie’s Choice Awards, and Saving Rain and After the Rain were nominees for the 2014 RONE Awards. 

When Karen-Anne isn’t writing, she enjoys spending time with her family and friends, hiking, and visiting new places. She fuels her addiction of creating new stories by her only other addiction, caffeine, and listening to a myriad of musical genres. Tucked away near the
Blue Ridge Mountains, Karen-Anne lives with her husband, daughter, two dogs, and their cat. She plans on writing new adult romance as long as her fingers maintain dexterity.
For More Information
About the Book:

Emma

Who I am and all I believe is marred with just one glance into angry, steel blue eyes. He seems to control my air, my ability to breathe. He makes me crave everything I know is a sin. Pure becomes tainted and lines are blurred. It's my fault; I'm the one who isn't strong enough. I've been damaged...broken. Breck's words haunt me...'There's a consequence for every choice you make.'

Breck

I've had so many women I can't even remember over half of their names, but none of them are mine; I make damn sure of that. I take what I desire and never look back. I don't need or want anyone, ever...not until I met Emma. Those eyes bore into what's left of my soul and her touch sears me, weakens me. I want to hate her for that. She is my ruin...my sweetest hell.

For More Information


Q: Welcome to The Writer's Life!  Now that your book has been published, we’d love to find out more about the process.  Can we begin by having you take us at the beginning?  Where did you come up with the idea to write your book?

Ash to Steele came from my adoration of a powerful, redeeming love.  Also, I have a thing (a BIG thing) for bad boys with a good heart, and Breck is definitely a cocky, panty-melting, ‘I’ll-kick-your-ass-if-you-mess-with-me-or-someone-I-love kind of bad boy, but he has a heart of gold buried underneath his arrogant exterior.  Growing up in a small town myself, I can easily relate to Emma’s character and how she’s desperate to break the binds of the image everyone has of her and find out who she really is, to find her more.

Q: How hard was it to write a book like this and do you have any tips that you could pass on which would make the journey easier for other writers?

The hardest part of writing Ash to Steele was my bouncing back and forth between which point of view (POV) to use to present the story before finally deciding that both Breck and Emma need to be heard.  The best advice I can pass on to other writers is how they need to follow their character’s lead.  I get an idea in my head of how a character needs to act and who he should be, but my writing doesn’t flow until I let go and allow the character to show me who he really is and where he wants me to take him.   

Q: Who is your publisher and how did you find them or did you self-publish?

I’m a self-published Indie author. 

Q: Is there anything that surprised you about getting your first book published?

Everything!  I had no clue what to do, where to begin, or even how to use Twitter.  When I began writing my debut novel, Saving Rain, I threw myself into the whirlwind of learning marketing, social media, and connecting with authors, bloggers, and readers.  Goodreads is a godsend!  I’ve met amazing new friends and connected with bloggers for reviews and book tours on Goodread’s website. 

Q: What other books (if any) are you working on and when will they be published?

I’m currently working on Feel, a paranormal new adult romance.  I’m thrilled about Jensen and Saige’s story and can’t wait until it’s live late this year.  Then, I’m beyond excited to begin Gavin’s (sexy, badass bouncer from Ash to Steele) own story for 2015.

Q: What’s your favorite place to hang out online?

Pinterest is so much fun, but it gets me in trouble because I spend way too much time enjoying its awesomeness when I need to be focusing on other things. 

Q: Finally, what message (if any) are you trying to get across with your book?

I’m a firm believer in the power of love.  Breck and Emma’s story is more than just a ‘bad boy meets good girl’ story; it’s full of sexual tension, angst, tears and humor, supporting characters who I want as my BFFs, and a powerfully redeeming love that tames even the most hellacious personal demons. 
  
Q: Thank you again for this interview!  Do you have any final words?

Thank you so much for having me, and a huge thanks to the readers for taking the time to learn a little more about Ash to Steele.  I love to connect with readers, so feel free to connect with me at any of the below:
Facebook Author page:  https://www.facebook.com/SKarenAnne



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:54 PM

    Thank you for having me today! I had a blast with the interview and I appreciate you allowing me to give the readers some info about Breck and Emma's story in Ash to Steele. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.