Interview with D.B. Reynolds, author of 'Master of Plagues'



Master of PlaguesABOUT MASTER OF PLAGUES

Mystical powers. Cosmic adventure. Universally dynamic forces. A gifted individual has been commissioned to take part in of all these phenomenal occurrences. Stuart Duffelmeyer is an NYU student who is targeted by eight of his egomaniacal college classmates once they learn he wants to find a beautiful date for the night. His classmates lure him to a sleazy motel where they play out a heinous prank. His night ends in utter disappointment after learning that his classmates only used him for their perverted entertainment purposes. Stuart suffered severely as a result of their callous behavior and feels he must get even with his tormentors. A chance encounter allows him to discover a magical Hebrew talisman with indescribable powers. Stuart is taken away from Earth and into the far regions of another galaxy once the talisman is consecrated. The spirit of his one-time chief advisor, Rabbi Irwin Wedemeyer, explains to him that the talisman will grant him miraculous powers over all the creatures and elements of the Earth. Rabbi Wedemeyer insists that Stuart not abuse the powers bestowed upon him. He returns to Earth and quickly seeks out his vengeance. Stuart’s absolute domination over Earthly creatures and elements brings plagues of unspeakable horrors into the lives of his one-time tormentors. He finds closure once his former college classmates return to offer their apologies to him. He also finds fulfillment by using his powers to intercept the transgressive acts inflicted by the immoral people of society. This stirring tale delivers the purest message of magic and morality.

Purchase 2 amazon2

Add to Goodreads:

goodreads
   

Q: Welcome to The Writer's Life, Dewey.  Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and how long you’ve been writing?

A:  My name is Dewey B. Reynolds and I am a full-time employee with the Internal Revenue Service in Kansas City, Missouri. My position with the IRS is 1040X Exams Clerk. Currently, I reside in Kansas City, Missouri. My hobbies include traveling, cooking, reading, writing, researching, rollerskating, and cycling. I have been writing novels and screenplays for about 20 years. 

Q: Can you please tell us about your book and why you wrote it?

A: The title of my book is Master of Plagues. It is the story about a college student who discovers his supernatural mastery over all the creatures and elements of the Earth. His phenomenal powers are activated through a magical talisman given to him by a chief rabbi.

The reason why I wrote Master of Plagues is because the story came to me when I visited New York City in the summer of 2010. While riding the subway from the Bronx to my hotel in Manhattan, I saw a gentleman on the train who appeared to be highly intelligent. He just looked as though he possessed some type of psychic or supernatural powers. He also appeared as a young man who could help change society for the better. The idea for the fantasy novel pounded hard inside of my head. When I got back to Kansas City, I immediately went to work on the story.   

Q: What were some of the biggest challenges you faced writing it?

A:  Getting a lot of the facts and locations correctly were somewhat of a challenge. Revising the story several times can be a serious challenge within itself. Going through the chapters with a good editor is what I’d like to consider a rewarding challenge.

Q: Do you have a press kit and what do you include in it?  Does this press kit appear online and, if so, can you provide a link to where we can see it?

A:  Presently, I do not have any type of press kit.

Q: Have you either spoken to groups of people about your book or appeared on radio or TV?  What are your upcoming plans for doing so?

A:  I currently have not spoken to groups of people about my book, nor have I appeared on radio or TV. But, I would love to appear on radio and TV shows to speak about my book Master of Plagues. My fantasy novel carries a very strong message of morality and redemption. If there’s anyone out there who’d like to book me, then I’m available.

Q: Do you have an agent and, if so, would you mind sharing who he/is is?  If not, have you ever had an agent or do you even feel it’s necessary to have one?

A: I currently do not have an agent. I have never had an agent, but feel strongly that an agent can sometimes open doors that are closed to non-agented authors. A good agent can especially negotiate solid deals with publishers and movie producers.

Q: Did you, your agent or publisher prepare a media blitz before the book came out and would you like to tell us about it?

A:  No.

Q: Do you plan subsequent books?

A: Yes, I do plan subsequent books. I have finished the sequel to Master of Plagues. I am well into the third book of the series. My main character, he has so much more to do. He has to protect the Earth, the moon, the stars, the sun, as well as other planets and galaxies, from all the evil that travels abroad.
  
Q: Thank you for your interview, Dewey.  Would you like to tell my readers where they can find you on the web and how everyone can buy your book?

A: My fantasy novel, Master of Plagues, can be found and purchased at the following website links:









  

ABOUT D.B. REYNOLDS

D. B. Reynolds is an author, screenwriter, computer expert, and a chartered member of the Writer’s Guild Association, the Writer’s Lab and the Writer’s Place. D. B. has published articles on various subjects in several literary magazines. In 2002, he made a guest appearance on the nationally-syndicated television show, The Sally Jessy Raphael Show, to talk about his experiences in foster care and the present state of foster care. His newly published fantasy novel, Master of Plagues, was written to enlighten readers about the powerful correlation between magic and morality. D. B. currently resides in his hometown of Kansas City, Missouri. socialize  
Twitter
facebook

 


No comments

Powered by Blogger.